Thursday, August 29, 2013

The MBTI from an INFJ

Good morning!

I remain fascinated with the Myers Briggs Personality Type Indicator as a way of better understanding both myself and others.   You can find all sorts of less clinical but mostly accurate tests online.  Go find some, take several, and see what happens.  

I frequently refer to myself as an INFJ - that is: Introvert, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging.  I gain energy by being alone (introvert), gather information on the world through intuition (vs the senses), feel my way through life rather than thinking through it, and prefer things settled and decided vs open-ended and variable (judging vs perceiving).  Only 1% of people are INFJ's, so many times, I feel misunderstood and alone.  But that's OK with me...I am used to it.  My best friends joke that occasionally they will learn something entirely new about me, when they've known me for 20 or 30 years.  I am consumed with the feeling that I must make a difference in the world and make it a better place.  

How about you?  Who are you?

 http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/  Check out the official website here. 




No comments:

Post a Comment