Saturday, December 21, 2013

Just Keep Moving - Johnny Depp





This is a lovely philosophy.  Most of us, however, worry far too much about what others think.  I know I do. However, the older I get, the better I manage to follow my heart and not be dependent upon what others think.  Since dear Johnny is less than a decade older than me, I have time to get there.  A test of my resiliency will happen in the new  year, when I post my personal ad online, looking to get back into the dating arena.  It’s already screwing with my head, worrying about what potential suitors might think.  Unfortunately for me, it takes a while for people to see beyond the shields I erect and I know that sometimes come across as aloof and disinterested.  In truth, I am just considering what words to use to convey the stampede of thoughts running through my mind at any one time.   Maybe caring less about what other people think about me and striving to continue to be true to myself will be one of my New Year’s Resolutions (though I should resolve never to make them, in truth). 


Happy holidays to all of you, whatever you celebrate!  And happy winter solstice today!


No comments:

Post a Comment