Friday, February 14, 2014

My Epic, Awesome Personal Dating Ad

me, duh
So it's Valentine's Day.  With that in mind, I have decided to post an "Epic, Awesome Personal Dating Ad".  I have no idea how to meet someone special, so I just started writing and this is what happened and I am tossing it out there to the universe.  Feel free to forward it.  Here we go…

 I seek a kind, generous and brave person with similar values, interests and background.  I seek someone who is creative, altruistic, intelligent, honest and complicated.  I am pansexual, which for me means that I am looking mostly for a brunette with blue-green-grey eyes who has the above-mentioned personal qualities.  Gender is irrelevant.  I currently live in Eugene, but I would be willing to relocate (eventually) to Portland or Ashland, Oregon, or relocate back to Los Angeles for the right person.

 If you have kids also, that’s great; I like kids of all ages.  I am the mom of a brilliant, challenging and exceptional special needs ten year old son.  I also live with a cat that I serve and obey.  It is essential that you genuinely like kids and family life for a relationship to work because that is a priority to me.

Words that describe me include idealistic, intelligent, compassionate, intense and complex. I have the ability to curse like a sailor as the need arises or if I just fucking feel like it.  I am spiritual and ethical, but not at all religious.  I have an incurable and insatiable drive to make the world a better place.  I am a great cook, a music lover, and an enthusiastic but neglectful gardener.  I read voraciously and love the theater, concerts and cultural events. I like sci-fi movies and action flicks, but I have a secret soft spot for romances like Sense & SensibilityNotting Hill, the intro of Up and The Terminator.  I have a wicked sense of humor, but people seem to like it, or they run away and it’s not an issue.


this is NOT me
After college, I escaped to Hollywood where I fell unexpectedly in love with film and television production. I am incredibly proud of having worked on Star Trek: Deep Space NineStar Trek: First Contact, and ellen (among many other shows and movies).  I currently work as a preschool teacher and at a non-profit that supports families with special needs children here in Eugene.  My mind insists that I am 35 years old but my birth certificate says I am 45.  I am 5’4”, curvy, solid and strong and am a brunette with brown eyes.   “Old enough to know better and young enough not to care” is definitely applicable. 

 I want to wake up next to my beloved and compare morning bed-head hair, make pancakes every Saturday for breakfast and create a home refuge where the laughter of happy children is a constant background noise.  I have enjoyed being single, but now want a down-to-earth romance with someone special for the rest of my life.  I am a bit scared to be doing this.  I am doing it anyway.  Synchronicity is afoot, and I must see where she leads.  


Email me at intrepid.infj@yahoo.com and let’s talk.  

So, there it is

No comments:

Post a Comment